I live in a desert and desert's are renowned to be hot, sunny places. Right? One of the advantages is that you don't have to think too hard about what the weather will be like at any given time, so outdoor events can be planned with some degree of certainty.
When I lived in England, I (and I presume most people) would wake up in the morning and the first thing I would do would be to look out of the window to see what the weather looked like for the day. Could I get away with wearing a T-shirt, did I need a sweater, a coat, an umbrella? Of course, anyone who has lived in England for any length of time, realises that really, looking out of the window to determine the weather is a complete waste of time, because the weather can change in an instant. It can be bright and sunny one moment, and raining the next.
But here in the Valley of the Sun where we are guaranteed 330+ days of sunshine per year, that isn't a problem, right? WRONG. Today it is raining so hard that my garden is covered with water like a mini lake. There isn't a single break in the clouds, it's cold and miserable. I had planned on having a "hot" date with Brent to take some items to the landfill, not very romantic, I agree, but a necessary part of my de-cluttering phase. The rain has put a complete halt to any of that! Visions of getting stuck in the mud, despite a 4 wheel drive, did nothing for me, so I decided there'll always be another day.
Life in the desert is usually warm or warmer, hot or hotter, but today it is simply just rainy.
No comments:
Post a Comment