Last night, a few of us from work went to Cantina Laredo at the San Tan Mall near my house to attend a lecture hosted by the folks from Abbot Nutrition. Lisa, Jen, Holly, Laurel, Claudette, Patti and Kristi and myself all showed up in our glam togs and had a good time eating the free food.
There were other nurses from all of the East Valley hospitals and we took over a banquet room at the back of the restaurant. The noise was incredible! I think it echoed off the ceiling, but I could barely hear the conversation at our table, it was that bad. The service wasn't very good, but Laurel, who had eaten at the restaurant a couple of times before, said it wasn't usually like that. The food was pretty good; a very good guacamole with chips, a very nice spring salad with dressing (I had raspberry viniagrette), fillet Mignon on a huge portabello mushroom, creamed scalloped potatoes and fresh mixed vegetables. I had a couple of non alcoholic pina coladas which were yummy. My two main gripes were that my water was luke warm with no ice when everyone else's was ice cold, and my fudge brownie appeared to be a burnt end piece whilst everyone else's looked yummy and they said it tasted delicious.
I have no clue what the lecture was about, but it was a great way to spend a couple of hours even though I did forget to take my camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment