Monday, June 15, 2009

Doctor in the House

Ever since Katelynn's visit to my work last week, she has been obsessed with seeing "babies and doctors". Of course, she gets a little agitated when she says she wants to see babies, so I have to tell her that they've all gone to sleep and that she can see them another day. To pacify herself, she plays at being the doctor. She gets one of my stethoscopes and a small flashlight and goes in search of a willing victim. It's usually Grandad as he does spend an awful lot of time lying down, although on Sunday she climbed on top of Michael to do her examination (not quite sure what the Medical Board would think of her technique?). She shines her light in eyes, ears and then practically rams it down your mouth. This is coupled with listening to a leg, arm, belly, etc and all in search of "boo boos". For the uninitiated, a boo boo can be a spot, mole, birthmark, scratch, stretch mark, etc but the doctor gets pretty excited when she finds one and quite proudly proclaims, "I see a boo boo".

2 comments:

The McEnaney's said...

I loved playing doctor when I was later...looks like she has a future in the medical field!

CarolineNot said...

What a hoot, I can picture the scene, and I loved your crack about technique and the Medical Board. Ü