Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Saturday's Storm

It's been storming a lot recently! Well, it IS the monsoon season, but I think the last couple of weeks it's been fairly consistent. On Saturday just before 5pm, I noticed that it was getting dark and blustery, so Brent and I rushed out and gathered up the pool toys, put the umbrellas down and then rushed back in again before the dust storm came.
Danielle was staying with us and Michael had his fiancee Cassie over with her two kids, so I had a loin of pork and stuffing in the oven ready for dinner. I had no sooner put the vegetables on to cook, when "ping" the electric went out. Needless to say, I was not very happy. Only about another 30 minutes and dinner would have been ready. We were all starving, particularly the kids and when I went on my phone to check out the SRP website, it said that power wouldn't be restored for 2 hours!
Plan B...we had sandwiches and a picnic in the living room, then sat outside to watch the rain...a real treat in Arizona!

Jordan took this picture of the dust storm from his front door in Mesa. I don't think we had as much dust out our way which is a surprise, as they normally start in the SE valley, but I guess we were lucky that day!


Here's Danielle, Dion and Mariah relaxing after their picnic and Danielle and Dion outside enjoying watching the rain.

No comments: