Here is a picture of me and my mother when I was a baby. Sorry Mom, I know it's embarrassing for both of us. Be glad that hardly anyone reads this blog!
This is an up to date picture of us both taken last October when I visited England.- You wanted me even before you knew I was there
- I know what it's like to carry and give birth to a child, so I love you for that
- You were a mother, not a career woman
- You gave to me and sacrificed yourself often
- You taught me to bake, firstly with plasticine, then with the real stuff (thank goodness for Tony the cat!)
- You let me string a washing line and sheets up in the living room so my friends and I could pretend we were singing on a stage
- You encouraged my spirituality early when I went to church with you
- You took me to fun and exciting places
- You encouraged my love of history when we went to museums and castles together
- You taught me to play cards OUR way when the electric got cut off in the winter time
- You wrote poems for me in English class when I couldn't (remember Dick Turpin?)
- You let me put Donny Osmond posters all over my walls
- You supported me wanting to join the Church
- You let me have my ears pierced when I was 16 and get contact lenses too!
- You were happy for me when each of lives happy experiences came my way
- You sat and listened to me when my heart was breaking and supported me through those rough times, even though I know your heart was probably breaking too
- You didn't complain to me when you knew that life was taking me thousands of miles away from you. Somehow you accepted it
- You eased my mind by taking Jet and I'm pleased he became yours
- Because of a lifetime of sacrificing for me, I learnt how to sacrifice too and received the blessing of seeing the smile and joy on your face during your special moment last October
- I love you just because you are my mother and you are you. Thank you for my life.
Here is my mother in law with Brent when he was a boy.
Here we are last October.
Mam, you are the best mother in law a woman could possibly want. You accepted me right from the beginning and welcomed me into your family. You helped me so much when my children were small and was able to do magical things like cleaning the house or ironing when you were babysitting. I had no idea how you did that and thought you were a Superwoman. Now I realise that grandma's can do those things! You make me laugh when you always side with me instead of Brent, I love chatting with you on the phone and learning from your strong spirit.
I pray that the Lord will bless you through this difficult time you are having and I want you to know that I love you. Get better soon. Happy Mother's Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment