Saturday, February 7, 2009

Redemption

Following the weed episode with Jordan last week (no not the drug, the weeds that he failed to pull for me that were living down the side of the house), I am pleased to say that yesterday he fully redeemed himself. He didn't finish pulling the weeds, I bought weed killer for that, but he did help me to re-organise the garage.
We have a 3 car garage with 2 spaces straight on as you enter then a tandem at the back. The whole idea was that Brent's tools and machinery were to be at the back in the tandem part so that we could actually fit 2 cars in the garage. Well they were, of a sort, but everything was totally higgledy piggledy and disorganised. He was always complaining that he could never find anything and I certainly couldn't find anything that I might need, so...
I have told Brent before that he is disorganised and we've tried to get the garage sorted out before, but he just gets antzy when I try to move anything to a place where he doesn't think it should go. Enough was enough though and action was called for. He was banned from the garage yesterday morning and Jordan was raised from his bed (looked like he was raised from the dead!!!) so that he could help me with the heavy lifting. Of course, a little financial incentive didn't hurt. We had a 3 hour time limit as Michael had taken my car out and so there was plenty of room to then move stuff around. We worked SOOOOO hard. All the things I might use like the paint, painting supplies, barbecue stuff, camping stuff, etc was arranged into one place and the tools and machinery were neatly organised into the tandem part at the back. We swept and vacuumed, vacuumed and swept and made it just in the nick of time.
Boy was I dirty when we had finished and tired too. Jordan really worked hard. I was proud of him and felt that he had earned more than the amount we had agreed on. He definitely redeemed himself from the weed episode. I couldn't have done it without him.

No comments: