Sunday, April 5, 2009

Toddler Happenings

This week Katelynn progressed to a toddler bed. As they're all "camping" at my house, there isn't enough room right now for an adult size twin (single) bed but Katelynn is now a big girl and needed to get our of her crib. A trip to the store and this was the answer. They had pink beds with Disney Princesses on them but Katelynn's hero right now is Sponge Bob Square Pants, so this is the bed she chose.

Potty training...aarrgh!!!! When Katelynn was supposed to start potty training, her mammy had just had a baby who then had medical problems and needed to have surgery. Then it was a cold New York winter and then they moved here, so lots of traumas to deal with and a late start with the potty. At first, she would scream and scream, but today, we had our first success. We all sang and danced the PeePee in the Potty song and clapped enthusiastically. She's a very stubborn girl though (not sure where she gets that from!) and won't do things if she doesn't want to, so lets not claim true success just yet!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Janet for sharing everything about our little ones. Bob and I enjoy seeing them and reading them.

Laurel said...

I really need to hear this PeePee in the Potty Song!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Janet,

I'm enjoying reading your blog! Our kids are seldom around and I miss thems so much. You're so blessed to have your children around you!! We should stay more closely in touch. Blessings to you and your family.

Love, Terri

Belinda said...

Oh I remember the days...it seems like my kids are growing to quick, reading this, (dare I say) makes me feel a little broody for those days!

Anonymous said...

I too would love to hear the potty song!! I can just picture her sitting there. Just too cute. Love the bed.