I'm not one for making New Years Resolutions because, lets face it, I will probably never exercise or lose weight and I've never smoked so I don't need to quit. They seem a bit of a waste of time to me. This year though, I did make one...I decided that in 2012 I wanted to look for ways of being more frugal. I said FRUGAL, not CHEAP. Cheap is passe, frugal is the latest in word.
Thanks to Pinterest (wonderful invention) I thought I'd start the new year out by making my own laundry detergent. Up until a couple of weeks ago, I was doing laundry for seven people so laundry detergent prices were adding up and this method looked like it was going to save me a lot of money.
Here are my ingredients, all found in the laundry aisle at Wal-Mart for the grand cost of $7.59 and they can be used over and over (well, 4 times for the soap). I have also used just regular soap instead of the Fels Naptha and it works just as well. In fact, I used those little hotel soaps that you get for free.
Here's my detergent "cooking" in the bucket I snagged from hubby. I leave it overnight with the lid on and by morning it's all gelified like this.
And ready to put in these Rubbermaid containers which are great as they have big mouths which makes it easier to get the detergent into the bottles and pouring spouts.
Actually, I use other containers too...empty water containers, empty laundry containers, anything really, or I just leave what I don't want in the bucket for another time.



No comments:
Post a Comment