When I was a young girl of, oh, about 10, I suppose, I tried my hand at embroidery. It was a traditional Ukrainian pattern and I did it in a thin wool. I had no clue what it was going to be when it was finished, I just started embroidering it on some canvas and carried on until I was fed up with doing it. I can't remember exactly when that took place, but I do remember doing some more on it as a young adult, enough to make it an even six columns by four rows. I must have left it at my Mom's house when we moved to the States, but last year or so, she sent it to me.
I had no idea what to do with it. It seemed such a shame for it not to become something after all the work that had gone into it. Finally, I decided that it would become a little purse. I lined it with black felt, sewed up the bottom and sides, attached two D rings and added a leather strap that I bought at Joanns.
Here it is!!! Testament that perseverance and patience finally pay off. It's not very big, but its enjoying being hung in my closet next to my scarves rather than being tucked at the back of a drawer being ignored.
No comments:
Post a Comment