As I was taking a photo of these cacti, I thought I'd go around the back and photo my own cacti. The ones I have planted and nurtured. These are the true miracles! Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am a confessed plant killer. I did not inherit the green fingered gene that both my parents possessed. Give me a plant, any plant, and I will kill it! Not purposefully, mind you, but plants that have hardy, or drought resistant on their labels, have still been known to succumb to my nefarious talents!
Anyhoo, this is an aloe vera plant that Heather gave me as some little seedlings (???) from her Dad's yard. They're growing, right?
This cactus looks healthy too. I've had it a number of years and it's still alive!
I must admit though. This plant is my piece de resistance. At my last house, this was by my front door and I admit, it was neglected. When I moved in here about 16 months ago, it was almost dead. Honestly, I wanted to throw it out. But, I put it outside near the water hose and watered it whenever I remembered, and look at it now. It's glorious!!! It's my favorite plant ever. It loves me, I think. It wants to grow for me!






No comments:
Post a Comment